Similarity and agreement with so, too, either, neither




When we agree with something someone says:
Positive Answers Verb To Be:

Negative Answers
I am tired

I am not going to the party.
So am I

Neither am I / Neither are we
I am, too/ She is too.

I'm not either / We are not either
Me, too (casual)

Me, neither (casual)



Difference between either and neither:
Neither Sara nor Marina is going to the party. (The girls are not going to the party)

Either Sara or Marina is going to the party. (One of them will go to the party)



Agreement with other verbs:
Positive

Negative
Carolina runs fast.

Nuria doesn’t run fast.
So do I / So does he.

Neither do I.
I do, too. / Me, too. (casual)

I don’t, either.


Me, neither (casual)


agreeing: so, too, neither, either


More PowerPoint presentations from Beth Bogage
Share This:    Twitter  Google+

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Alicia Vazquez 2018. Powered by Blogger.