English Writing: Letter of Complaint

NATALIA

135 Richwood Ave
Morgantown, WV 26505

May 8, 2013

Mr. John Smith
Director
Housetrust
50 High Street
Morgantown, WV 26505 

Dear Mr. Smith:
I’m writing to inform you about a claim concerning the refusal about the repair of the roof of our house which happened after the windstorm of the last April.
Precisely, on 28 April 2013, due to a strong wind and rain, a branch’s tree fell over our home and destroyed a part of the roof. After a short observation of the destruction the insurance expert of the company sent us a letter telling us that the home insurance policy didn’t pay the cost of the repairs.
However, with accordance with the stipulations of the articles of the insurance contract the rebuild of the roof can’t be denied because that day the wind exceeded the speed of 90km per hour. For the verification of the facts I add, enclosed, the weather report from the Meteorological Agency of the local zone and the exact date when the wind storm occurred.      
To ensure that such errors don’t happen again and that the experts provide correct information I ask you to proceed with the mend of the damages, otherwise I would have to announce the dissolution of my home insurance contract. Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you. 

Yours sincerely,

Natalia 

JOSE D.
Monforte de Lemos 63 
Madrid 28029 

Mr. Jose Mourinho 
Portuguese Restaurant
Calle Padre Damian 23
Madrid 28026

Dear Mr. Mourinho:

 I´m writing to apply for refund of my last meal in your restaurant. The last friday I invited my parents for their anniversary, I saw an advertisement of your restaurant on TV. 
I thought It was a good idea. I called to the restaurant and booked a table. When we arrived to the restaurant a rude waiter asked us if we had a reservation, he was searching
in his computer a lot of time, after We waited about one hour to eat, We booked a table at 9.00 and We began to eat at 10.30. My parents are older and when We could 
eat I noticed that in the restaurant there was so much noise that It was impossible to eat calmly. But the worst was when We were eating, the table was dirty, the food was
so bad that We didn´t eat almost nothing. 

 It was a special day, I spent a lot of money, You need to refund me for this meal. Thank you very much for your consideration, and I look foward to hearing from you. 

Cordially


ELENA
2101 Barker St.

Littledale 13456


                                                                                                                        May 7, 2013


Mr. Amancio Ortega
President, Zara Inditex
4200 California Road
Metropolis City 10012

Dear Mr. Ortega:

I went to your department store ZARA located in Garden Street, California, two days ago. I bought a black dress which cost 19 dollars. The top of the dress had a small picture with two flowers and a few words around them. I decided to wash it before I put on and what a surprise. When I took it out from the washing machine, the flowers were almost gone and some of the words weren’t able to be read. Also I had problems with the zipper and there were two buttons which were broken. I am still having my ticket so I would like to return the dress and refund my money.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Shirley Green.


HECTOR
For the attention for Mr. Pérez, CEO Tecnology Enterprises,
 
Dear Mr. Pérez, 
 
The reason of this letter is to recognize my disappointment with your products and service to customer. I´m going tell you my history because i´m sure that you will be convenced i have the reason after to read it. 
 
The last week i bought a dvd player made by your factory. After two days, the player started to do extrange sounds when i putted on it a dvd. I thouhgt maybe it would be a dvd´s problem, so i tried to prove with another dvd but with the same result. The player didn´t read the dvd and did a strange sound, as a dvd was got blocked. I returned to the shop, explained to manager the problem, he was very comprensive and gave me another player with his apology.
 
The problem is that, in this case, the new machine did the same that its fellow. It was impossible to watch a dvd because the machine didn`t work. I returned to shop and i asked for apology and refund money. But the manager told me these time it was not a problem of him, it was impossible two players failed and, the most important, he had instructions to remite any complain about Tecnology Enterprises's products to its CEO, you, Mr. Pérez.
 
After to write a complain letter agains the shop´s manager, i talked with some of my friends and told me that they had the same problem with diferentes productos done by your company, and although they wrote you, never obtained neither apology or refund money. 
 
But i don´t surrender. First, i write you this letter to ask for an apology; and then i will to turn to Customers Association for to explain them this case because i don´t want some people suffer like me in the future. Also, i would like company refunds money and send me an apology letter, and the promise that you will change the way to treat customers.
 
Thanking for your time, i wish you have a nice day.
 
Sincerely,


Maria Jose
May 14, 2013
Mr. Pedro García
Customer Service
El Corte Inglés
Paseo de la Castellana, 53
28046 Madrid

Dear Mr. García,
On 10th of May I bought a Teddy bear for my little daughter at El Corte Ingles from Paseo de la Castellana, 53.
At the time of purchase I didn't realize that your Teddy bear doesn't carry the CE mark and later surprisingly I couldn’t find information about the manufacturer's name and address neither. Unfortunately, your Teddy bear is not a product made in the respect of the safety standards of the European community and consequently I consider that it is not a safe product for my daughter.
To solve this problem I would appreciate a money refund or another Teddy bear with de CE mark. Please find attached the receipt of the purchase.
I look forward to your positive reply and a resolution to my problem as soon as possible.
Please contact me at the above address or phone any time between 9.00 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Cordially,


Maria Jose
Share This:    Twitter  Google+

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Alicia Vazquez 2018. Powered by Blogger.